Welcome to Blade
Often called the “Uber of helicopters,” BLADE is bringing precision and style back to aviation where every flight is an unforgettable experience – with a touch of an app. Founded in New York in 2014, they also serve Los Angeles, taking customers to weekend getaways like Santa Barbara, Palms Springs, and San Diego.
You can book a flight (helicopters, seaplanes, and jets across the world or simply across town) in seconds and on your own terms – with by-the-seat flights in the Northeast and California, and chartered or crowdsourced flights available anywhere. While you can look for flights to top destinations and regional travel experiences, if you have a specific destination in mind, you may want to charter a private flight or crowdsource a flight to make seats available across the BLADE network.
Prior to takeoff, you can fully enjoy drinks and refreshments at one of the BLADE Lounge locations in New York, Miami, and Los Angeles, or arrive early to sip rosé in BLADE’s iconic sippy cup and take in the lounge vibes.
At the beginning of this past summer, the company has launched BLADE-GX, a membership program that gives reduced-cost flights for the rest of the year to the Hamptons, Nantucket, and Newport, marketing to millennials, offering 18 to 27-year-olds $150 off any seat on any flight except airport transfers. This is one of their most successful program yet, specifically for New Yorkers under the age of 28. Think Soho House millennial membership, but for travel. They are gearing for the upcoming parties exclusive to these users, such as a party at an art gallery in Nantucket, a cocktail party at a rooftop bar in NYC, and a Montauk Club night-out event. This younger demo of New Yorkers is loving BLADE-GX and the community that they are now a part of. Working with sponsors like Casa Dragones Tequila, VieVité, and Porsche, BLADE has offered a tequila tasting, a one-day driving experience, and movie screenings.
Other notable programs include:
1) Burning Man - While not specific to New York, a lot of their fliers to Burning Man are New Yorkers. For their second year in a row, BLADE is flying between Reno and the playa at Burning Man. It's a luxe flight experience, and definitely the most efficient way to fly out to the desert round trip. Burning Man takes place the last week in August. It's a been a real game changer for Burning Man attendees.
2) Summer Camp - All New York parents can agree that the trek up to and down from Northeast summer camps is one of the most taxing drives of the year. Parents are dealing with cars filled with melted chocolate care packages, vehicle failures, sweltering heat, etc. To meet the needs of these traveling parents, BLADE is arranging flights to summer camps in Maine, upstate New York, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Vermont.
3) Concerts - They've partnered with Live Nation on VIP packages for New Yorkers to attend concerts (e.g., Demi Lovato, the Chainsmokers, Phish, Kevin Hart) in New Jersey. The two event series are concerts at BB&T Pavilion and the Atlantic City BeachFest. BLADE fliers can book a private round-trip helicopter charter and be flown out from Manhattan for a day of VIP treatment and musical performances by today's top artists. BLADE handles all of the logistics and make concert attendance as frictionless as possible.
4) Montauk Sky - As you noted, the landmark return of this iconic Montauk-based aviation brand was an important summer announcement. BLADE arranges Montauk Sky flights between Teterboro and Montauk all summer long. Flight prices are significantly lower than BLADE's standard Hamptons routes so they are attracting a new audience of people looking to spend weekends with small but meaningful surprises, such as lobster rolls upon arrival and donuts upon departure.
5) Nantucket Monday Flights - Another recent exciting announcement of theirs include Monday morning flights from Nantucket to New York, allowing fliers to make every weekend a three-day weekend. They fly passengers back in time for their Monday morning meetings, so it's been a popular option for busy working New Yorkers who want to spend weekends in New England.
For more details, visit: @flyblade – blade.flyblade.com
Photographer: Asia Lee